Members of the American Rocket Society built this second and more elaborate test stand in 1938 to test their liquid-fuel rocket engines. The gauges measure engine thrust, propellant feed pressures, time duration of the test, and other data. James Wyld, a young engineer in the society, tested his innovative motors on it from 1938 to 1941.
The stand, which could take engines of up to 890 N (200 lb.) thrust, was rebuilt more than once and was later used by Reaction Motors, Inc., the first liquid-fuel rocket engine company in the United States. Four ARS members founded the company in 1941.
A replica Wyld engine, with associated tubing and clamps, is mounted on top of the stand.